Ray Shefska

Yes, it really is me, Ray Shefska, Your Car Guy
43 years in the automobile business. I know a thing or two because I have seen a thing or two and I'm willing to share a thing or two with you.

You can teach old car dogs new tricks!

Unbelievable but true, look what Zach taught this old car dog.

Apparently I am a stampaholic, who knew. Sorry but I'm like a kid with a new toy. By the end of the day, you'll hate that Zach ever taught me how to do this!
Like Comment

Buying a Vehicle in Another State (Step-by-Step Guide for 2021)

https://joinyaa.com/guides/buying-a-vehicle-in-another-state/
I know that more and more community members are buying cars out of state because of the chip shortage. We put together this guide to help answer your out of state car buying questions. If you see something we didn't address in the article, please let us know here and we'll answer it.
Like Comment

The latest numbers on the microchip shortage: Toyota cuts add to toll

The tally of vehicle production cuts due to microchip shortages just rose by nearly half a million.

Toyota’s announced cuts in production last week led to a significant rise in the number of vehicles lost worldwide resulting from the one-two punch of resurging COVID-19 infections around the world and an unyielding tight capacity for microchip production.

Automakers cut an additional 481,707 vehicles out of planned production schedules because of microchip shortages, according to the most recent report from AutoForecast Solutions.

Toyota accounted for the 10 largest factory reductions, with affected plants in North America, Japan and China.

AFS now estimates that the industry has lost about 6,442,000 vehicles worldwide because of the supply chain interruption. The situation has worsened in recent weeks because of higher numbers of COVID-19 cases in Southeast Asia, a problem that recently shut down a major semiconductor plant in Malaysia.

Factories in Asia, outside of China, were the largest source of new vehicle production cuts, with more than 215,000 additional cars and trucks being trimmed as a result. North American assembly plants were next, with more than 148,000 cuts made since one week earlier.

AFS now forecasts that the industry eventually will lose up to 7.65 million vehicles to the microchip shortage.
ο»Ώ
ο»Ώ

Like Comment

How to Factory Order a Car (For 2021)

Every manufacturer and dealership is moving towards "factory ordering". What does that mean for you, and what do you need to know? ο»Ώ Zach Shefska ο»Ώ asked me to write this so that we can all be more knowledgeable. Enjoy!
ο»Ώ ο»Ώ
If you have specific questions, please post them here.
Like Comment

Average used-car financing jumps in June

The average amount financed for a used vehicle in June jumped 25% compared with figures from the previous year. The average interest rate dipped slightly, while all other metrics rose last month.

Β ο»Ώ ο»Ώ

Source: Edmunds
Like Comment